ABOUT THE X4MIS CHANGE MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGY
The X4MIS Change Management Methodology is a framework for planning, delivering and troubleshooting change programmes. The articles within each function represents principles that can be applied to any change situation.
Articles do not represent a specific law nor sequencing specific to a timeline.
ABOUT THE Enable FUNCTION
The Enable function provides the tools and processes to deliver a successful change initiative. It is primarily about setting up and enabling the change management team.
The change Management Team
Change Managers as a function can’t enable change across a large organisation by themselves. They need support from all divisions of an organisation to enable people to want to be a part of the change. The change team can be made up of:
- Leadership Teams - Telling the story of change by framing the reasons for change and enabling change itself.
- Change Managers - Responsible for building the change capabilities across their organisation by empowering end users and delivering solutions.
- Change Champions - Frontline workers who lead change as early adopters and hold individual conversations with their units about strategy.
- End-users - Frontline workers or customers who are expected to absorb new technologies, processes and organisational shifts.
Enabling the Team - the 4cs
The following sections discuss the skills, knowledge and competencies required for the change management team. We often define the team requirements as the 4Cs.
- Culture - a shared mental Model
- the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of people, teams, or the organisation
- the skills and knowledge to complete responsibilities efficiently and successfully – “the intangible assets which can be drawn upon to achieve the objectives”.
- the tools to complete the requirements – “the tangible assets required to achieve the objectives”.
- the time available to meet deliverables
Article submitted by Daniel Shirley - https://www.linkedin.com/in/dashirley/
Contact us to discuss further: